Online application has started for the selection of SCI GME Cadets to the Shipping Corporation of India.
Selection of GME Cadets – Shipping Corporation of India
Now, it is time to apply for the selection of GME Cadets to the Shipping Corporation of India. You can apply now for December 2020 Batch. Unmarried eligible Graduate Engineers can apply for this.
Number of Vacancies:
|Economical Weaker Section (EWS)||04|
|Other Backward Caste with Non-Creamy Layer (OBC-NCL)||11|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||06|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||03|
Maximum Age Limit
28 years as on 1st December 2020.
|SC/ ST Candidates||5 years|
|OBC – NCL Candidates||3 years|
|Female Candidates||2 years|
You can apply to 5 categories.
|Category (a)||Full time BE/ B.Tech in Engineering streams like Mechanical & Automation, Mechanical & Electronics, Mechanical & Automobiles, etc. (Note that the word “Mechanical” should be first. Mechanical Engineering should be the core and the second subject is elective.)|
|Category (b)||All Naval Architecture streams like Naval Architecture & Ocean Engineering, Naval Architecture & Ship Building, etc. (Note that the word “Naval Architecture” should be first. Naval Architecture should be the core and the second subject is elective.)|
|Category (c)||B.E/ B.Tech in Marine Engineering|
|Category (d)||B.E/ B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering|
|Other Higher Degree||5 year integrated M.E/ M.Tech in above categories|
- The institutions must be AICTE approved or any other colleges/ universities approved by Central or State governments.
- Most importantly, equivalent degree other than the above qualifications are not eligible.
- You should also possess a valid Engineering Degree Certificate/ Provisional Degree Certificate/ Mark Sheet with a minimum of 50% marks in the final year of Engineering.
- You should have also obtained 50 % marks in English at 10th or 12th.
- Candidates of Lakshadweep and Andaman & Nicobar islands have a 5% marks relaxation in the English language.
- Category A and Category B have to pass DGS examinations.
SCI’s Maritime Training Institute conducts this course. The course is approved by the Directorate General of Shipping (DGS).
You will have a training of 12 months by MTI Powai, Mumbai. There is also a 06 months Structured Shipboard training on ships operated by SCI.
You will receive a stipend of Rs.15000/- per month during structured shipboard training.
The course fees for training are Rs. 5,00,000/- (Five lakhs only) for male candidates and it is Rs. 4,50,000/- (Four lakhs and fifty thousand only) for female candidates.
|General (UR), EWS & OBC-NCL||Rs.500/- (Five Hundred only)|
|SC, ST & Female candidates||Rs.250/- (Two Hundred Fifty Only)|
|Starting Date||November 01, 2020|
|Ending Date||November 15, 2020|
How to apply?
- Log on to www.mtishipindia.com -> Courses -> Graduate Marine Engineering -> apply at MTI for filling the online application.
- You should have a valid e-mail id and phone number while applying.
- After saving the application download a printout of the application form.
- Do not fill multiple applications. It may lead to the cancellation of all the applications.
You can also read about ETO in Merchant Navy.