SSC CHSL application date is out. Staff Selection Board invited applications to various posts through the CHSL examination. SSC conducts the CHSL examination at the national level every year. The eligible candidates can apply now through an online process. You can apply for the following posts.
- Low Divisional Clerk (LDC)/ Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA)
- Postal Assistant (PA)/ Sorting Assistant (SA)
- Data Entry Operators (DEO)
SSC CHSL Application Date
Now it is time to apply for the various vacancies under SSC through the CHSL examination. The selection is for various Ministries, Departments, or Offices of the Government of India. It is done through competitive examinations and recruitment processes. SSC CHSL application date is out and you can apply through the official website of SSC.
SSC CHSL – Number of vacancies
The exact number of vacancies for recruitment is not available now. SSC will upload the vacancy list on the official website. You can see the vacancy details here too. Follow the website regularly for instant updates.
You can join our telegram channel to get regular updates regarding recruitment. Click here to join our telegram channel.
SSC CHSL Application – Eligibility Criteria
- You should be a citizen of India/ a subject of Nepal or Bhutan.
- A Tibetan refugee is also eligible to apply, provided that he or she should have arrived in India before January 1, 1962, with an intention of permanent settlement.
- Persons of Indian origin migrated from Burma, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Uganda, East African countries of Kenya, the United Republic of Tanzania, Malawi, Zambia, Ethiopia, Zaire and Vietnam are also eligible to apply.
- Citizens other than Indians, have to provide the certificate of eligibility by the Indian Government.
The age is calculated as of January 01, 2021. You should be born between January 02, 1994, and January 02, 2003.
Relaxation in the upper age limit:
|PwD (Unreserved)||10 years|
|PwD (OBC)||13 years|
|PwD (SC/ST)||15 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (ESM)||3 years after deduction of the military service furnished from the actual age|
|Disable Defense Personnel – In an operation during hostilities with any foreign country/ in a disturbed area||3 years|
|Disable Defense Personnel – In an operation during hostilities with any foreign country/ in a disturbed area (SC/ST)||8 years|
|Central Government Civilian Employees – Should have not less than 3 years of regular and continuous service||Up to 40 years|
|Central Government Civilian Employees – Should have not less than 3 years of regular and continuous service (SC/ST)||Up to 45 years|
|Widows/ Judicially separated or divorced women who are not remarried||Up to 35 years|
|Widows/ Judicially separated or divorced women who are not remarried (SC/ST)||Up to 40 years|
The educational qualifications are considered as of January 01, 2021. You must possess the essential qualification by this date.
|LDC/JSA, PA/SA, DEO (Except in the offices of Controller & Auditor General)||12th standard or equivalent from a recognized board.|
|DEO Grade A (In the offices of Controller & Auditor General)||12th standard or equivalent from a recognized board. It must be in the Science stream with mathematics.|
SSC CHSL – Mode of selection
- The selection is done through three tiers – Tier I, Tier II and, Tier III.
- Tier I is a computer based examination.
- In Tier II, you have to attend a Descriptive Paper.
- Tier III consists of Skill Tests/ Typing Tests.
Tier I – Computer Based Examination
- This examination consists of objective type multiple-choice questions.
- There will be a negative marking of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer.
- There will be a normalization of the marks too.
- The exam duration is 60 minutes. It is 80 minutes for the candidates with a scribe.
SSC CHSL Tier I – Exam Pattern
|Subject||Number Questions||Total Marks|
SSC CHSL Tier I – Syllabus
|English Language||Spot the error, Synonym, Antonyms, Fill in the blanks, Spellings, Detecting mis-spelt words, One-word substitution, Idioms & Phrases, Improvement of Sentences, Conversion into Direct or Indirect Narration, Active & Passive voice, Shuffling of sentence parts, Cloze passage, Shuffling of sentences in a passage, Comprehension passage|
|General Intelligence||Semantic analogy, Symbolic or number analogy, Symbolic operations, Trends, Space Orientation, Figural Analogy, Semantic Classification, Symbolic/ Number Classification, Venn Diagrams, Drawing inferences, Pattern folding & unfolding, Figural Classification, Semantic Series, Number Series, Figural pattern folding & completion, Embedded figures, Critical thinking, Problem Solving, Word building, Emotional Intelligence, Social Intelligence, Numerical Operations, Coding & de-coding|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Number systems: Computation of whole number, Relationship between numbers, Decimal & Fractions
Fundamental Arithmetical Operations: Percentage, Square roots, Ratio & proportion, Average, Profit & Loss, Simple & Compound Interest, Discount, Mixture & Allegation, Partnership Business, Time & Work, Time & Distance
Algebra: Basic algebraic identities and simple problems, Graphs of linear equations
Geometry: Elementary geometric figures and facts, Triangle and its centers, Similarity & Congruency of triangles, Circle & chords, tangents, common tangents to two or more circles, Angles subtended by chords of a circle
Mensuration: Triangle, Regular polygons, Quadrilaterals, Circles, Right circular cone, right prism, Right circular cylinder, Sphere, Hemisphere, Regular right pyramid with triangular or square base, Rectangular parallelepiped
Trigonometry: Trigonometry, Trigonometric functions, Ratios, Complementary angles, Standard identities, Height and distances
Statistical charts: Use of tables and graphs
|General Awareness||Current events, India & neighboring countries, History, Geography, Culture, Economic Science, Scientific Research & General Policy|
Tier II – Descriptive Paper
- This will be a descriptive paper of 100 marks.
- This is conducted in a paper and pen mode.
- The duration of the exam is one hour. It is 1 hour 20 minutes for candidates with a scribe.
- The minimum qualifying marks for the exam is 33%.
- You can attend the examination in English or Hindi.
- The Examination consists of writing Essays, Letters, Application, etc.
SSC CHSL – Skills Tests/ Typing Tests
The skill Test is conducted for Data Entry Operators and Typing Test is conducted for the other posts. The particulars of the test are as given below.
|Skill Test||DEO (Except at the office of C & AG)
DEO (At the office of C & AG)
SSC CHSL Application Fees
- The application fee is Rs.100/-.
- Women, SC, ST, PwD candidates & Ex-Servicemen are exempted from the fees.
- You can pay the fee through BHIM UPI, Net Banking, Debit/ Credit cards, or through SBI Challan.
|Application Starting Date||November 06, 2020|
|Application Ending Date||December 15, 2020: 23.30 hours|
|Last Date for making online payment||December 17, 2020: 23.30 hours|
|Last Date for the generation of offline challan||December 19, 2020: 23.30 hours|
|Last Date of payment through offline challan||December 21, 2020|
|Tier 1 Computer Based Examination||Between April 12, 2021, & April 27, 2021|
|Tier 2 Descriptive Examination||To be notified later|
How to apply for SSC CHSL Exam?
You can apply through the official website of SSC.
Firstly, you have to log in using your User Id and Password. If you are a new user, you have to register first.
After that, complete One-time registration and fill the application form.
A lot of vacancies can be expected for the recruitment process. Please fill your applications before the closure SSC CHSL application date. Hope this article helps you to get all the details of the SSC CHSL examination. You can follow our telegram channel for more updates and recruitment news. Click here to join our telegram channel.
You can also read about IBPS Recruitment 2021